Glassybaby Presentation 1 Glassybaby Presentation 1

I h.. have no idea what was happening, but the vfx themselves looked nice, I just have no idea what to make of it

Evolved - Dream sequence Evolved - Dream sequence

Truthfully, I thought this could use some more work. The animation techniques involved are cheap/lackluster (like tweening a mask to reveal green veins, rather than taking in the time to animate the sequence)

The atmosphere of the backgrounds were pretty good though, and it did convey some proper storytelling devices (if a little cliche at times), but the biggest flaw is the animation itself. My suggestion is plainly to avoid temptation of the almighty tween, or at least look into using Tweens like modern TV shows do. It's still cheap and fast to do, but the quality is passable enough usually to not break the illusion.

MMMgames responds:

I am new to animation but I will try with each new video to improve myself. Thanks for the review :)

I'M BATMAN! I'M BATMAN!

That was pretty funny, I liked it haha

Justalp responds:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Mario 3 | Duane & Brando (ft. Brentalfloss) Mario 3 | Duane & Brando (ft. Brentalfloss)

Masterfully crafted sprite work, precise lip sync (for sprites even!), the music is varied, catchy, never once boring. The action is excellent, love the sibling rivalry banter between them, that was awesome as hell "aw come on I'm not even really that fat!"

This is goddamned excellent stuff here, belongs with the greats in the sprite and video game parody collections if you ask me!

Face Yourself Collab Entry- Metal Sonic v. Metal Sanik Face Yourself Collab Entry- Metal Sonic v. Metal Sanik

That ending was fantastic, very cool. I liked the weight added to every impact, and the parallax was very well done.

Did you have a script going on for the shakycam aspect or did you animate every pixel of camera movement?

JJSwift responds:

Thanks man! Glad you liked it. :D And there was no script, nor pixel... camera... thing.(Doesn't understand that part XD) I mostly tweened the camera, and for the camera shakes, for impact I just made the tweens close to each other or made them all keyframes and stuff.

Theft Box Theft Box

I love you yotam.. never change

Starbomb: I Choose You to Die!!! Fanimated Starbomb: I Choose You to Die!!! Fanimated

Holy shit

Color me pleasantly surprised, I REALLY loved every second of this :D ROCK ON MAN!

Art5yman responds:

thank you man!

Bowling Pinned Bowling Pinned

I like the fact your using frame by frame animation here, please keep that up

Aside from art cleanup and maybe adding a few more inbetweens to smooth things out, the only thing that really nagged at me was the fade transitions, its a bit too slow and kills the pacing if you ask me. For something that looks like its trying to be a Hanna Barbara whacky comedy, fade transitions should only be used when transitioning the viewer either to a fake commercial break or signifying a significant portion of time being passed. If my memory serves, everything else in a HB cartoon was jump cuts

Keep it up man! Cheers :)

ZacharyNoah responds:

Update: I corrected the fade transitions by slowing down the still shots and looping some shots. Also, I made the bomb explosion more effective by replacing the not-so-effective smoke build-up with flashing colors. Lastly, at the end of the cartoon, I replaced the generic fade-to-black effect with a more cartoony iris-out effect, accompanied by the appropriate sound effect.

Thanks for the review and noticing the errors that I made. This cartoon was made way before I even got a computer with a touch screen. It was my attempt to mimic the scratchy and sketchy animation style of the cartoons made in the 1960's and 1970's. Also, my paper amount is extremely limited. Most importantly, the fade transitions that I did was my attempt to mimic the Road Runner cartoons. Maybe for my next cartoon, I'll try and push my visual style a bit further. Thank you for enjoying!

When a Popular Kid Sneezes When a Popular Kid Sneezes

Got a real cyanide & happiness mixed with psychicpebbles vibe going on here with the art direction lol

I liked the joke, but my only direct criticism here is tat maybe it could have been made more obvious (perhaps during the establishing panorama) who the popular kid was in the first place, rather than some random dude on the left, you know?

Ten Facts Ten Facts

The animation was super solid, loved it!